BUCHANAN COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Request for Proposal
Dependent Eligibility Audit
The Buchanan County Board of Supervisors will receive proposals for Group Health Insurance Dependent Eligibility Audit.
The procurement method is pursuant to Va. Code section 2.2-4303(G)(1). This Request for Proposal (RFP) indicates in general terms the nature of the program and services requested. Bidders are to submit their proposal according to the bid specifications of the Buchanan County Board of Supervisors.
In order to procure the program which best meets the needs of the Buchanan County Board of Supervisors the evaluation criteria considers price, services of the proposed dependent eligibility audit. The County shall also utilize the Best Value Concepts permitted by Va. Code section 2.2-4300.
All responses, inquiries, and correspondence relating to or referenced to the RFP and all other reports, schedules, exhibits and documentation submitted by the bidders will become property of the Buchanan County Board of Supervisors.
Any Proprietary information submitted by the bidder in connection with the Procurement transaction will not be subject to the public disclosure under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act. However, the bidder must clearly disclose in writing in the forefront of the proposal what sections, data or other information is proprietary in nature and should be protected under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.
Any costs incurred by the bidder in preparing or submitting proposals are the bidder's sole responsibility. The Buchanan County Board of Supervisors will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the bidder at any time.
The information contained herein is made for the purpose of informing and assisting the prospective bidders in preparing their bids. The Buchanan County Board of Supervisors, its officials, employees or agents shall construe none of these statements contained within this RFP as a warrantee or representation. Therefore, the above mentioned parties shall not be liable to any persons for any statement contained herein.
The bidder shall maintain and demonstrate proof of liability insurance for the term on the contract when the bid is submitted.
1. Does your process include subscriber-specific communications requesting evidence their covered dependents meet the plan's eligibility criteria?
2. How many rounds of mailings are included in your standard offering?
3. What other elements are included in your standard communications process?
4. Do you offer an appeals period as part of your standard audit process?
5. Are the communications customizable to each client's preferences?
6. What type of follow up communications do you offer to employees with incomplete responses?
7. Do you offer an internet web portal with customized information for each subscriber in the audit?
8. Do you offer a secure way to communicate with the plan sponsor to support administration of the audit?
9. What communications methods do you offer for employees to respond to the audit?
10. Do you offer a call center? If so, where is it located?
11. What are the hours and days the call center is available?
12. If you offer a call center, is it staffed by your own employees or is it outsourced?
13. How many seats does your call center technology support?
14. How many call center representatives do you have currently?
15. How do you support inquiries from employees who speak languages other than English at your call center?
16. What is the average time to answer a call in your call center?
17. What reporting do you offer during and after the audit?
18. Do you offer any performance guarantees? If so, what are they?
19. Do you offer any savings guarantees? If so, what are they?
20. What is the basis for determining your dependent eligibility audit fee?
21. What would you charge to conduct an audit with 487 subscribers covering one or more dependents and 847 dependents?
22. The annual premium for 2017-2018. The dollar amount of the premium will be considered; however, it will not be the sole determining factor in awarding the contract.
23. The flexibility of the bidder to meet specific needs of the Buchanan County Board of Supervisors employees.
24. The selection of one or more qualified agents or companies will be made after receipt of all valid proposals. After negotiations have been conducted with the agent or company selected the Buchanan County Board of Supervisors shall select the agent or company, who in its opinion has made the best offer, and award the contract.
25. Any bidder claiming the right to withdraw his bid shall give notice in writing
of this claim of right to withdraw his bid within two business days after the conclusion of the bid procedure. Furthermore, bid withdrawal is subject to, and limited by section 2.2-4330 of the Code of Virginia of 1950, as amended, and section 16-34 of the Buchanan County Code.
EVALUATION AND AWARD CRITERIA
A. Code of Virginia section 2.2-4300 best value concepts will be used when evaluating the Invitation for Bid results, such best value concept factors that will be considered are as follows:
- overall combination of price and quality of product;
- warranty provisions of any;
- service provisions if any; and
- selection criteria referenced above.
The bid that provides the best overall combination of the above factors will be the successful bid.
B. Award of Contract
The selection process shall be in accordance with County Code sections 16-35
I. Proposals will be received at the County Administrator's Office until, 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 25, 2017. Proposals may be submitted by e-mail attachment; by U.S. mail; or by fax. To submit by e-mail please submit to Loretta.email@example.com <
. By fax please use the following fax number: 276-935-4479. By mail please reference the address below. Any questions in regard to this procurement solicitation should be made to Loretta Peck at 276-935-6505 or Loretta.firstname.lastname@example.org <
II. The proposals will be presented to the Buchanan County Board of Supervisors for consideration of staff recommendation for an award.
III. All bid proposals should be submitted to:
Robert Craig Horn, Administrator for Buchanan County
1012 Walnut Street
P.O. Box 950
Grundy, Virginia 24614
Proposals received after 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, April 25, 2017, will be returned, and not considered.
Robert Craig Horn Date
Administrator for Buchanan County