REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES FOR BUCHANAN COUNTY, VA.
The Buchanan County, Va. Board of Supervisors (herein after referred to as "County") requires emergency medical services for Buchanan County, Virginia.
II. SCOPE OF SERVICES:
The successful emergency rescue/ambulance service will work as an independent contractor and will generally provide the following services:
Emergency Medical/Ambulance Services-Advanced Life Support paramedic and Basic Life Support EMT pre-hospital Services.
24-Hour EMS coverage for areas of Buchanan County otherwise left with little or no emergency medical coverage, including but not limited to Rocklick District, North Grundy District, South Grundy District, Garden District and Knox District.
The EMS provider to lease/rent/maintain property from which to operate within each of the magisterial districts in which said EMS provider will provide emergency medical services
The EMS provider to provide all staff, equipment and supplies necessary to operate within each of the magisterial districts in which said EMS provider will provide emergency medical services
The EMS provider to comply with all federal, state and local laws and ordinances, with strict adherence to all Virginia EMS protocols
The EMS provider will be open to regularly scheduled inspections by the Buchanan County Board of Supervisors
The EMS provider must be fully licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia to provide Advanced Life Support paramedic and Basic Life Support EMT pre-hospital Services.
8) It is requested that each prospect EMS provider specifically set forth the magisterial district or districts in which it proposes to provide services. The award may be made for all magisterial district; OR separate awards may be made to a prospective EMS provider for specific magisterial districts. The County reserves the discretion to determine whether it would be best to award one contract for the provision of emergency medical services to all the underserved magisterial districts or to make multiple awards for the provision of emergency medical services for one or more magisterial districts.
III. PROPOSED SCHEDULE
4 PM on Thursday, January 11th
, 2018Deadline for ProposalsWeek of January 15th
, 2018Interviews of OfferorsWeek of January 22nd
, 2018Interview Committee's RankingsWeek of January 29th
, 2018Contract NegotiationsFebruary 5, 2018Board of Supervisors Award of Contract
IV. SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
This RFP does not commit the County to enter into an agreement or to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal or in any subsequent negotiations. Acceptance of a proposal by the County is not an order to proceed.
The County will utilize a selection committee to review all proposals for services, conduct any interviews, and obtain references as appropriate in evaluating qualifications of the responding firms.
1. Qualifications and experience of the firm relative to this type of work;
2. Familiarity and understanding of the area and existing facilities;
3. Expertise of key personnel to be assigned;
4. Quality of performance in similar work; and
5. Ability to meet or exceed the service expectations, particular in regard to dealing with the public.
6. Price of services being requested.
In accordance with 2.2-4302.2(A)(3) of the code of Virginia for goods, nonprofessional services, and insurance, selection shall be made of two or more offerors deemed to be fully qualified and best suited among those submitting proposals, on the basis of the factors involved in the Request for Proposal, including price if so stated in the Request for Proposal. Negotiations shall then be conducted with each of the offerors so selected. The offeror shall state any exception to any liability provisions contained in the Request for Proposal in writing at the beginning of negotiations, and such exceptions shall be considered during negotiation. Price shall be considered, but need not be the sole or primary determining factor. After negotiations have been conducted with each offeror so selected, the public body shall select the offeror which, in its opinion, has made the best proposal and provides the best value, and shall award the contract to that offeror. When the terms and conditions of multiple awards are so provided in the Request for Proposal, awards may be made to more than one offeror. Should the public body determine in writing and in its sole discretion that only one offeror is fully qualified, or that one offeror is clearly more highly qualified than the others under consideration, a contract may be negotiated and awarded to that offeror;
The County may make such investigations, as it deems appropriate to determine the ability of the Firm to perform the work. The Firm should be prepared to furnish the County with all such information and data for this purpose as the County may request.
II. SUBMISSION AND DEADLINES
Fully responsive proposals will contain the following information:
1. The qualifications or brief history of your firm, the key personnel who will be
involved with the work, and specifically the individual that would be named as the
Project Manager for the duration of the services to be provided.
2. An indication of your understanding of the nature of the services to
be provided and associated problems, work needed and the expertise required.
3. Brief description of past experience in similar work.
4. Other localities for which you have performed these services and the name, address, and phone number of current contacts at those locations.
5. Your firm's current workload and the impact that it would have on your ability to respond if you were selected for this work.
6. Ties and other work in Buchanan County, Virginia.
7. Why your firm wants to provide these services for County and why your firm would be best for this work.
You may also include other information that you believe would assist the County in determining the appropriateness of your firm for this work.
For consideration, five (5) copies of the PROPOSALS must be received not later than 4:00 P.M., Thursday, January 11, 2018. The submittals are to be sealed and are to be marked on the outside PROVISION OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES IN BUCHANAN COUNTY, VA. Both Mailed and Hand-delivered submissions must be received by the deadline and addressed to:
Robert Craig Horn, County Administrator 276-935-6508/276-935-6596
County Administrator's Office
Buchanan County Information Park Building, Third Floor
4447 Slate Creek Road, Grundy, Virginia 24614
P.O. Drawer 950
Grundy, Virginia 24614
After the PROPOSALS are reviewed, the County will meet with the firm or firms deemed best qualified for a more detailed discussion of the project and their qualifications.